Gorillaz-Safe-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS BOARD IS CLOSED................IT HAS BEEN MOVED TO http://www.gorillazsafehaven.net....SIGN UP THERE AND I WILL GET IT APPROVED A.S.A.P............

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What got you into them?

Go down 
+11
hot bullet slug
TheLivingReciever
saint_sammy
MandalorianGuard
Punk13405
InTheDitch
starlight
viol8r
Aucuas
2 1/2-d
.::Phantom Jr::.
15 posters
AuthorMessage

Female Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2006-09-04

What got you into them? Empty
PostSubject: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptySat Oct 21, 2006 11:46 am

So wot got you into gorillaz?

I was a 'NOW' cd commercial that got me into feel good inc.
i've never heard the song before, but i saw a small part of the video and some of the song.
In all honesty i thought it was bizzare...i thought gorillaz were friggen crazy...then i watched the full video...did TONS of reaserach on the band and well here i am now...! Cool
I'm so glad i got into gorillaz too, cos now i listen to blur, i write short fan fictions thatt keep me ocupied, and i do a bunch more stuff now that i like 'em.

So you, over there! Ya wot's your story? why do you like gorillaz so much? tongue
Back to top Go down
http://darkened-souls.darkbb.com/
2 1/2-d

2 1/2-d

Female Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2006-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptySat Oct 21, 2006 11:58 am

it was the night before christmas and all through the house, everyone was stirring laughing and jumping about. Then feel good came on the tv and i watched it. Through 2-D was scarred and murdoc was ugly.....still thinks hes kinda ugly..but through the song was neet. So i researched it more found the OMB registered got more into gorillaz and yea now im where i am today!! ^_^ a 2-d fan Russel fan noodle fan and a mineon!!
Back to top Go down
http://gorillazpics.piczo.com
Aucuas

Aucuas

Female Number of posts : 538

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptySat Oct 21, 2006 3:19 pm

'Twas 2001, and I was 7 years old...I was in the car, and Clint Eastwood came on the radio. Me and my dad were already Blur fans, and we knew that it was Damon. I loved the song, and for around a year I tried to find out what it was called. Then I knew it was Gorillaz, bought the debut album, listened to it everyday, lost it, forgot about Gorillaz. Then in 2004, I saw a sign in Italy advertising Demon Days. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://zenzoo.deviantart.com
viol8r
Admin
viol8r

Female Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2006-08-24

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptySat Oct 21, 2006 6:18 pm

i was drunk at a nightclub when i heard clint eastwood for the first time back in 2001. instantly loved the song. as soon as i got over my hangover the next day i looked it up on the internet...gotta love limewire. downloaded the video...which took HOURS because all i had was dial up. bought the album...listened to it probably 100 times...found out about damon singing on it...living in america my whole life, the only blur song i knew was song 2 of course. forgot about them until demon days came out. that's when i stumbled across gorillaz.com. got curious about all the blur stuff (now i'm more of a blur nut than gorillaz nut)

and here i am now...blah blah blah.
Back to top Go down
https://gorillaz-safe-haven.darkbb.com
starlight
Mod
starlight

Female Number of posts : 1530

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptySat Oct 21, 2006 7:36 pm

I heard some little snippits about 'em just before they came out at the time I didn't realise they were a cartoon band but when their first video was primierd on the tv, I was hooked, have been ever since
Back to top Go down
InTheDitch

InTheDitch

Female Number of posts : 2243

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptySat Oct 21, 2006 11:18 pm

Uh...I remember listening to Feel Good Inc. and I was at a phase where I loved imagining the singers and stuff singing it in makeshift music videos in my mind. I always imaged Gorillaz as people sort of like Bowling For Soup...until I learned they were cartoons, of course. And I was like..."Oh....that's neat." And tada.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sharon345
Punk13405

Punk13405

Male Number of posts : 2291

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptySat Oct 21, 2006 11:31 pm

.::Phantom Jr::. wrote:
So wot got you into gorillaz?

I was a 'NOW' cd commercial that got me into feel good inc.
i've never heard the song before, but i saw a small part of the video and some of the song.
In all honesty i thought it was bizzare...i thought gorillaz were friggen crazy...then i watched the full video...did TONS of reaserach on the band and well here i am now...! Cool
I'm so glad i got into gorillaz too, cos now i listen to blur, i write short fan fictions thatt keep me ocupied, and i do a bunch more stuff now that i like 'em.

So you, over there! Ya wot's your story? why do you like gorillaz so much? tongue
Wow, that's how I got into them! Shocked Surprised
Back to top Go down

Female Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2006-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptySun Oct 22, 2006 11:18 pm

Ha ha, cool!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://darkened-souls.darkbb.com/
MandalorianGuard

MandalorianGuard

Male Number of posts : 3203
Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptyWed Oct 25, 2006 8:36 pm

mainly i just fell in love with noodle in da 2nd or 3rd grade ad thats just about it
Back to top Go down
http://www.weirdnj.com
saint_sammy

saint_sammy

Female Number of posts : 2408
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptyFri Oct 27, 2006 8:52 pm

I heard my mom playing them in the car....
i was like : eyyyyye!!! mommy mommy whats in the CD thingey!"
( rmeber people i was what.... 8 or 9?)
and my mom is like " gorillaz hun... why?"
then I said..... " THEY SOUND COOL!!!"
then my mom said "You mean your actually gunna listen to somthing besides green day?"
and the rets was hostory.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/saint_sammy
TheLivingReciever

TheLivingReciever

Male Number of posts : 551
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptyFri Oct 27, 2006 9:52 pm

That crazy loose cannon of a poster, hotbulletslug raped me with clint eastwood in the background and the rest was hostory Wink
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
hot bullet slug

hot bullet slug

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2006-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptySat Oct 28, 2006 12:29 am

Evil or Very Mad you silly living receiver, rape is such a strong word i would
say molested, Wink but anyways the first gorillaz song i've ever heard was
19-2000, at first i didn't like it at all and when this guy at my school
his name will remain unknown but Rec you knows him, he kept
telling me how much this band was so good, this was around decemeber
2002, i continued not to listen to them until early 2003, i was drunk
and high while i was at school, some guy handed me his CD and said to
listen to this song called sound check on the gorillaz album, when i heard
it i was hooked, the song filled my drunken self with sadness and hope,
as i was still high as a kite i kept the CD the whole day and listened to all
the songs, i was forever changed, although i only loved them the most
when i'm shitfaced. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cuzin13

Cuzin13

Female Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptySun Oct 29, 2006 9:25 pm

Oh god, you guys ready for the longest, most boring story you'll ever hear? Laughing Here ya go:

There was nothing on TV one morning before school, so I turned to the music video channels. After a few songs, Feel Good Inc. came on. I was all, "Wow, sweet cartoons." Murdoc scared me, in a "slowly-back-away-and-don't-make-eye-contact" way.

Saturday 1/29/06, 7:05pm. (yes, it's sad that I have it down to the minute):

I was listening to my fave radio station, and every Saturday and Sunday, they have a house party on the air, and they have a guest they interview. Well, I heard, "And tonight we're going to interview Murdoc Niccals from Gorillaz! This will be a new experience for me, I've never interviewed a cartoon character!" That grabbed my attention.

So I went to the radio's web site, all the while thinking, "These dudes are really cartoon characters???" This was the extent of my knowlage: I thought Gorillaz were actually real people who appeared as cartoons in their music videos, and 2D was the nickname of one of them... or something, and they sung Feel Good Inc. When I found the Open House Party part of the website, I clicked on the info thingy and I learned Murdoc was the creepy demonic alcoholic, Noodle was a girl, and 2D's eyes are suppose to be like that. The more I read about these guys, the more I thought, "Man, these dudes are a bad influence... but they're interesting." I really didn't approve of the smoking and drinking.

I just sort of rolled my eyes and went to the official Gorillaz site to find out more about these guys. I learned that 2-D sang and played the keyboard, Murdoc played bass, Russel played the drums, and Noodle played guitar. I spent the next few hours finding out everything about these guys that I could. It was kinda sad, really T_T. I was so facinated with this band! Mom sent me to bed at 9:00.

I didn't want to go to bed! I still didn't hear Murdoc!!! So I had a plan: Take my radio (which was in my computer room) and put it under my pillow after mom went to sleep. I layed in bed, with my head under my pillow with the radio, desperatly waiting. Finally, at 10:00, I heard it, "Hey, we got Murdoc Niccals on the phone here on Open House Party!" I wanted to cheer! I listened to Murdoc.

I forget what he said exactly, but I remembered his voice. I was desperate to hear his voice and remember it! Heh, the way he talked was so sexy... it made me giggle. Laughing He talked for about an hour, in between songs on the radio. He said goodbye at 11:00 and I turned off my radio and was about to go to sleep, but I relized this was a turning point for me (I mean, I stayed up 2 hours past my bedtime just to hear this dude talk!), so I scribbled down what all had happened in my diary. Yeah, that's why I remember the date and time this all happened.

So, I was laying in bed, thinking how I stayed up half the night, just to hear a cartoon guy say some stuff. This is an exact quote from my diary: "Oh, god help me! What have I been pulled into??? My obsession for Orlando Bloom is nearly gone and it isn't fun. Gorillaz aren't a good influence, and I've loved Orlando Bloom for so long... Damn Gorillaz sucking up my obsessing energy away from Orli!"

Actually, I later found out that the first Gorillaz song I've ever heard was Clint Eastwood on my Now 8 CD. Never payed any attention to who sang that song until then.

Long story short: The reason I love Gorillaz is because Murdoc came for me! Laughing HAIL MURDOC! I've never had a favorite band before Gorillaz. Thanks, Muds!
Back to top Go down
hot bullet slug

hot bullet slug

Female Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2006-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2006 10:49 am

I must say cuzin that was pretty good story, shits all over my. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cuzin13

Cuzin13

Female Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2006 2:45 pm

hot bullet slug wrote:

Yeah, I thought it might bore everyone to sleep. But I guess not. Man, ya should've seen me! I had my ear pressed against my radio with this dorky grin on my face and I would giggle like an insane fangirl whenever Murdoc said something in his really deep voice... ^_^ So that's why I like Murdoc. I wonder... if it was 2D insted of Muds on the radio that night... would I have been a 2D-ist insted of a Minion? Hmmm.... The world may never know!
Back to top Go down
dinos go rawr!

dinos go rawr!

Female Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptyWed Nov 01, 2006 8:19 pm

well
i'd say they were pretty much haunting me. so i decided to check them out. i used to play that habbo hotel thing, so yeah & one of the now CDs [ithink] commercials always had part of the feel good inc video on it. mmk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brianneXbanana
viol8r
Admin
viol8r

Female Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2006-08-24

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptyWed Nov 01, 2006 8:38 pm

Cuzin13 wrote:
hot bullet slug wrote:

Yeah, I thought it might bore everyone to sleep. But I guess not. Man, ya should've seen me! I had my ear pressed against my radio with this dorky grin on my face and I would giggle like an insane fangirl whenever Murdoc said something in his really deep voice... ^_^ So that's why I like Murdoc. I wonder... if it was 2D insted of Muds on the radio that night... would I have been a 2D-ist insted of a Minion? Hmmm.... The world may never know!
heh...the reason i became a minion instead of a 2d-ist was because there was too much crazy fangirl giggling stuff with them Shocked
all the comedy was with the minions rock on
Back to top Go down
https://gorillaz-safe-haven.darkbb.com
dinos go rawr!

dinos go rawr!

Female Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptyWed Nov 01, 2006 8:44 pm

viol8r wrote:
Cuzin13 wrote:
hot bullet slug wrote:

heh...the reason i became a minion instead of a 2d-ist was because there was too much crazy fangirl giggling stuff with them Shocked
all the comedy was with the minions rock on

hahhaaa giggly fangirls... uuuuhhh

xP

me&steph were giggling pretty much throughout the whole manchester concert DVD xD ZOMGGG DAMON ALBARN! *giggle*

but what got me into them was that they were pretty much stalking me. i saw them on commercials over&over again & i was playing habbo hotel at the time. & gee i thought they looked interesting =]
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brianneXbanana
*murdoc*

*murdoc*

Male Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-11-01

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 8:47 am

my friends gf was constantly listenin' to 'em on her mp3. i was sittin' next to her in the car one night, on our way to a party. she had the thing up full blast an' i heard rock the house. well here i am.
Back to top Go down
StephBev

StephBev

Female Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 1:29 pm

dinos go rawr! got me and a couple of our friends into them. It was one of the best things that ever happened to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What got you into them?   What got you into them? Empty

Back to top Go down

What got you into them?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gorillaz-Safe-Haven :: Gorillaz :: Music-
Jump to: