Gorillaz-Safe-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS BOARD IS CLOSED................IT HAS BEEN MOVED TO http://www.gorillazsafehaven.net....SIGN UP THERE AND I WILL GET IT APPROVED A.S.A.P............

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
noirame
Mod
noirame

Female Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-08-28

FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE... Empty
PostSubject: FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE...   FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE... EmptySun Oct 08, 2006 12:28 am

During these exciting days, while Gorillaz is bombarding us with one exciting blow after another, we are eagerly awaiting the release of "Rise of the Ogre" and "Slow Boat to Hades". We are so eager; in fact, many have blatantly over looked that obvious gesture towards the outcome of Gorillaz.

I found it funny when nobody made the connection during September...this is understandable. However, here we are, weeks away from the grand finale, and nobody has even brought the matter up. One would only have to look at the release dates to see...

November is coming...and on October 31st (the UK release of "Rise of the Ogre")...November has come...

Sounding familiar? Yes, it is the title of a Gorillaz track. Did anyone ever consider that the reason why "November Has Come" seems so random is because Gorillaz intended it to be a very important song and didn't want it’s meaning to be too obvious to the fans?

Just because a song isn't released to radio...doesn't make it any less important than those that are!

The sheer symbolism behind this song is astounding! It is almost easier to look at it as a twisted story than as a rhythm.

November Has Come

Slow it down some
No split, clownbum
Your gold hit sound dumb
Hold it now, crown 'im
Where you found them at?
Got 'em 'round town
Could-a drowned in it
Would-a floated bloated,
voted sugar coated,
loaded hip shooter
Draw for the poor
Free coffee at the banks
Yip through the straw (YIP = Youth International Party; snorting drugs through a straw)
None more for me, thanks
That blanks the raw
That dang sure stank lit
Sank past the pit for more hardcore prank spit (spit = slang for pot)
Crank it on blast (The Vauxhall Astra's stereo was on blast)
Roll past Front Street (the street Uncle Norm's Organ Emporium is on)
Blew the whole spot (Blew through the wall)
Like some old ass with skunk meat
These kids is too fast
Juiced off a junk treat (They're on drugs)
Who could get looser off a crunk or a funk beat? (Crunk = energized as if crazy and drunk; a style of hip-hop or rap music featuring repetitive shouting of phrases accompanied by electronic sound)

Something started today
Where did it go, or you want it to be
Well, you know November has come
When it's gone away
Something started today
When it's gone away

Baha, can you dig it like a spigot
My guess is: yes you can like, can I kick it?
Wicked
Liquor shot
If you happy and you know it
As you clap your hands to the thick snot of a poet flow it
Broke a pen and I'm in
Cope hymen
Dope or rhymin' all worth it then
the hope diamond
Required off the black market,
or wire tappin'
Couldn't target a jar of spit
The rapid-fire spark lit

Zzzzt!
A rapper bug zapper
And it don't matter after if they's a thug or a dapper
Plug yer trap or its maximum exposure
The beast got family in numbers asking 'em for closure
Aw, send 'em a gun an tell 'em 'clean it'
Then go get the nun who said her son didn't mean it
She wore a filled-in thong,
a billabong
And said, nah, fo'realla
The Villain in a Gorillaz jawn?

Something started today
When it's gone away
Something started today
When it's gone away
When it's... It's gone away

--------------------------

I'm going to let everyone help me in figuring out this song! It is very complicated (and with good reason). PLEASE don't just take the whole song and slap down a general idea. Instead...take a few sentences and try to decode them.

Useful Websites

http://www.urbandictionary.com/ - Urban Dictionary - If there are words that seem slang to you, then search them up here.

http://www.dictionary.com/ - Dictionary.com - Be sure to look up meanings here too!

http://www.acronymfinder.com/ - Acronym Finder.com - If words aren't fitting or seem strange, then see if they are actually an acronym for something (ex: yip = Youth International Party)!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorillaz - Gorillaz on Wikipedia - ALWAYS check to see if the lyrics relate to anything that happened within Gorillaz history!

Good luck, and have fun! ^_^
Back to top Go down
viol8r
Admin
viol8r

Female Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2006-08-24

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE...   FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE... EmptySun Oct 08, 2006 1:35 am

that is just a mind blowing observation. it makes so much sense. Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://gorillaz-safe-haven.darkbb.com
bassist

bassist

Male Number of posts : 2196

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE...   FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE... EmptySun Oct 08, 2006 1:43 am

INDEED IM SCARED SHE DISAPPEARS THEN COMES BACK AND WRITES ALL THIS!!!!
Back to top Go down
noirame
Mod
noirame

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE...   FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE... EmptySun Oct 08, 2006 8:11 pm

bassist wrote:
INDEED IM SCARED SHE DISAPPEARS THEN COMES BACK AND WRITES ALL THIS!!!!

LMAO! XD I had a lot of time to play with the Gorillaz of my imagination. =P They told me many a fact, which I find quite appealing. cortez
Back to top Go down
StephBev

StephBev

Female Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-09-17

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE...   FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE... EmptySun Oct 08, 2006 8:18 pm

Well, there is one thing about the title of the song that I know... Part of it had to do with Day of the Dead. Don't know what I'm talking about? Watch it. Surprised
Back to top Go down
noirame
Mod
noirame

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE...   FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE... EmptySun Oct 08, 2006 8:21 pm

StephBev wrote:
Well, there is one thing about the title of the song that I know... Part of it had to do with Day of the Dead. Don't know what I'm talking about? Watch it. Surprised

I watched Day of the Dead before. Where did the title fit in?
Back to top Go down
StephBev

StephBev

Female Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-09-17

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE...   FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE... EmptySun Oct 08, 2006 8:46 pm

noirame wrote:
StephBev wrote:

You need to pay close attetion to the calendar in the beginning...
Back to top Go down
noirame
Mod
noirame

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE...   FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE... EmptySun Oct 08, 2006 8:56 pm

StephBev wrote:
noirame wrote:
StephBev wrote:

You need to pay close attetion to the calendar in the beginning...

Hm...I must go watch it again. =)
Back to top Go down
InTheDitch

InTheDitch

Female Number of posts : 2243

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE...   FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE... EmptySun Oct 08, 2006 9:16 pm

the November Has Come lyrics only succede in confusing me. Very badly. So I usually just skip it when I listen to my CD...and I still don't understand how it makes sense with whatever is going on with Slow Boat to Hades or whatever sooo...I'm just gonna smile and nod right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sharon345
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE...   FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE... Empty

Back to top Go down

FOR ALL YOU SLOW LISTENERS OUT THERE...
Page 1 of 1