THIS BOARD IS CLOSED................IT HAS BEEN MOVED TO http://www.gorillazsafehaven.net....SIGN UP THERE AND I WILL GET IT APPROVED A.S.A.P............
 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Child Protection, has it gone too far?!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Punk13405

avatar

Male Number of posts : 2291
Age : 26
Registration date : 2006-08-28

PostSubject: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:31 pm

Well, here's the deal, since about 1995, there has been a growing amount of messed up kids. I believe the reason for this is because of child protection...

I know this may sound strange, but think about it, ever since child protection, drop-outs have increased, as with drug and alchohol use amongst teens. I believe this is because nowadays, parents aren't allowed to discipline their kids anymore.

You see, teens nowadays don't even know the definition of "abuse", like hitting a girl, hitting a girl once is not technically abuse, and neither is hitting them twice or thrice, although I don't condone this, it is true. Abuse is long prolonged violence against one person, hitting a girl once is not abuse, but kids nowadays think so, and if you hit a girl age 16 and under, most of them call it "physical abuse", but anyways....

Back in the 50's, there was almost no drugs or alchohol compared to today's standards, at least amongst teens, and I thouroughly believe it is because back then, there was no child protection program, if you bad mouthed your parents, they would smack you. This is NOT abuse, at least in most cases, all they want is a reminder that you NEVER talk back at your parents and act like a normal, well to do human being.

Now I will admit there ARE some fucked up people who were physically abused back in the 50's and 60's, but not too many compared to the proud americans we see today as a result of that discipline enforced in them when they were kids. Then in the late 80's, the child protection system was set up for kids suffering from physical abuse. Now I will admit there is more Physical abuse today then there was back then, but the whole problem is much smaller than it seems. Kids will call the police for when the're parent smacks them, and most of the time the kid deserves it, but of course there are those few cases where there actually is a problem.

One problem is misconception, like I said before, kids don't know what "abuse" is nowadays, if you get hit once by your parents, it isn't abuse, they probably just want you to think about what you did, most of these kids, there is no other way to get it through to them. And now parents are scared to discipline their kids because of the common phrase "If you hit me again, I'll call the cops on you, and I'll never have to see you AGAIN!".

It's pathetic how kids think their lives are so horrible because they got hit ONCE, well if you'll call the cops on your parents because they hit you, then why not just call the whole damn police force on the kids at school who do. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheLivingReciever

avatar

Male Number of posts : 551
Age : 29
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:34 pm

Suspect Do you have statistics to prove this?

Are are you just saying this because your home life isn't doing that well, which i'm sorry about hug
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Punk13405

avatar

Male Number of posts : 2291
Age : 26
Registration date : 2006-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:38 pm

TheLivingReciever wrote:
Suspect Do you have statistics to prove this?

Are are you just saying this because your home life isn't doing that well, which i'm sorry about hug
No, I'm saying this because it's a fact, and I know my history Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheLivingReciever

avatar

Male Number of posts : 551
Age : 29
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:42 pm

Do you have links or statistics to prove it though?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Punk13405

avatar

Male Number of posts : 2291
Age : 26
Registration date : 2006-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:13 pm

Do you really need them?

Listen, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but honestly, you can see where I'm coming from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheLivingReciever

avatar

Male Number of posts : 551
Age : 29
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:23 pm

Punk13405 wrote:
No, I'm saying this because it's a fact

Obviously it's not an opinion Rolling Eyes

No why should we believe for a second that what you say is true, and if it's a "fact", if you don't offer proof? Especially after you get hit bye your mom, so now you have personal motivation for posting this and so there's bigger chance what your saying is complete bullshit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Punk13405

avatar

Male Number of posts : 2291
Age : 26
Registration date : 2006-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:33 pm

BUT you can't prove it now can you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheLivingReciever

avatar

Male Number of posts : 551
Age : 29
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:40 pm

Punk13405 wrote:
BUT you can't prove it now can you?

Suspect Are you retarded?

Why would you say this is a fact then say you can't prove it?

Of course you could prove it, thye prove such things all the time! Ever heard of sociology? How do you think they get the information? Through surveys, statistics, and interviews, but it can be done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Punk13405

avatar

Male Number of posts : 2291
Age : 26
Registration date : 2006-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:19 pm

TheLivingReciever wrote:
Punk13405 wrote:
BUT you can't prove it now can you?

Suspect Are you retarded?

Why would you say this is a fact then say you can't prove it?

Of course you could prove it, thye prove such things all the time! Ever heard of sociology? How do you think they get the information? Through surveys, statistics, and interviews, but it can be done.
No, you can't prove if I did it because of my mom, jeez Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheLivingReciever

avatar

Male Number of posts : 551
Age : 29
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:24 pm

Punk13405 wrote:
TheLivingReciever wrote:
Punk13405 wrote:
BUT you can't prove it now can you?

Suspect Are you retarded?

Why would you say this is a fact then say you can't prove it?

Of course you could prove it, thye prove such things all the time! Ever heard of sociology? How do you think they get the information? Through surveys, statistics, and interviews, but it can be done.
No, you can't prove if I did it because of my mom, jeez Rolling Eyes

It's pretty damn obvious...anyways don't avoid the question and give proof. You said it was a faact then it was an opinion. Well? what is it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
viol8r
Admin
avatar

Female Number of posts : 1462
Age : 39
Registration date : 2006-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:37 pm

no need to argue over it. just look it up if he won't post the stats.
i understand what you are saying punk, but there is a fine line between correcting a child, and abuse. smacking them if they do something stupid is alright if they deserved it...like you said, it gets their attention and reminds them not to do it again. but if a parent actually PUNCHES a kid in the face...that's a bit too much. i got spanked when i was little...smacked a bit, but it was because i was being a little shite. i didn't get punched in the face. that can screw a person up a bit. if it leaves a bruise big enough to be obvious to everyone else, or gets told they are worthless and can't do anything right, and can't have a life outside of their home and school, even though they are a good kid just "because i said so"...it's abuse. but that's just MY opinion.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gorillaz-safe-haven.darkbb.com
saint_sammy

avatar

Female Number of posts : 2408
Age : 26
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:53 pm

Why cant people be liek my mom?
My mom lets me do what i want... and when i fall or mess up she cleans up the mess and explains why its wrong.
As for child protection...... Its bull cocky...
If all thoise laws werwe true i be ammillionare by now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/saint_sammy
Punk13405

avatar

Male Number of posts : 2291
Age : 26
Registration date : 2006-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:25 pm

viol8r wrote:
no need to argue over it. just look it up if he won't post the stats.
i understand what you are saying punk, but there is a fine line between correcting a child, and abuse. smacking them if they do something stupid is alright if they deserved it...like you said, it gets their attention and reminds them not to do it again. but if a parent actually PUNCHES a kid in the face...that's a bit too much. i got spanked when i was little...smacked a bit, but it was because i was being a little shite. i didn't get punched in the face. that can screw a person up a bit. if it leaves a bruise big enough to be obvious to everyone else, or gets told they are worthless and can't do anything right, and can't have a life outside of their home and school, even though they are a good kid just "because i said so"...it's abuse. but that's just MY opinion.
Well now I agree with you there, but one thing can also be that it was an accident, a kid can get punched by their parent sometimes because the parent either is not in the right mind (alchohol and drugs are a good example, but I wouldn't want junkie parents anyways, would you?) or that the parent is so angry they just want to punch him/her, now with some parents it can take a lot to get them to this point, at which if the kid got them that angry they probably deserve it, and in other cases, they are a loose cannon. In that case I guess calling the cops would be a good idea, but the problem is most kids can't distinguish that difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2 1/2-d

avatar

Female Number of posts : 4504
Age : 26
Registration date : 2006-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:29 pm

just wondering....what would hithing your kid over eathing some candy or pennutbutter be called?....humm?...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gorillazpics.piczo.com
TheLivingReciever

avatar

Male Number of posts : 551
Age : 29
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:31 pm

2 1/2-d wrote:
just wondering....what would hithing your kid over eathing some candy or pennutbutter be called?....humm?...

anger problems
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Punk13405

avatar

Male Number of posts : 2291
Age : 26
Registration date : 2006-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:32 pm

TheLivingReciever wrote:
2 1/2-d wrote:
just wondering....what would hithing your kid over eathing some candy or pennutbutter be called?....humm?...

anger problems
Yeah, what he said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2 1/2-d

avatar

Female Number of posts : 4504
Age : 26
Registration date : 2006-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:32 pm

TheLivingReciever wrote:
2 1/2-d wrote:
just wondering....what would hithing your kid over eathing some candy or pennutbutter be called?....humm?...

anger problems

then thats what my dad has..... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gorillazpics.piczo.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Child Protection, has it gone too far?!   

Back to top Go down
 
Child Protection, has it gone too far?!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» DJG: Clearing my name / behind the scenes at SBFII
» Anime Quotes

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gorillaz-Safe-Haven :: General :: Blah Blah Blah Blah-
Jump to: