Gorillaz-Safe-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS BOARD IS CLOSED................IT HAS BEEN MOVED TO http://www.gorillazsafehaven.net....SIGN UP THERE AND I WILL GET IT APPROVED A.S.A.P............

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The new Singers thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Goz

Goz

Female Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2006-09-17

The new Singers thread Empty
PostSubject: The new Singers thread   The new Singers thread EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 2:52 pm

Well if the Guitarists is just for six string guitars and the Bassist thread is just for Bass Guitars,
This one is just for Singers, people who want to, or do Sing professionally. Every one can sing, but it takes a lot of dedication, practise and training to sing professionally.

To enter you must be able to sing a song all the way through. If you can sing all of it, you can write it too.

Plus if you're a writer, sometimes, the next line just won't come, ask for suggestions here, maybe we could have a 'poetry' page too.
Back to top Go down
StephBev

StephBev

Female Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: The new Singers thread   The new Singers thread EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 4:08 pm

I can actually sing. Suprisingly... Surprised
Back to top Go down
bassist

bassist

Male Number of posts : 2196
Registration date : 2006-08-28

PostSubject: Re: The new Singers thread   The new Singers thread EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 4:14 pm

Yes I can sing I mostly do cookie monster vocals.
Back to top Go down
Punk13405

Punk13405

Male Number of posts : 2291

PostSubject: Re: The new Singers thread   The new Singers thread EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 4:21 pm

Singers are attention whores, the guitarists and Drummers are the ones doing all the work.....

This wasn't a flame by the way, just a guitarist FACT
Back to top Go down
Goz

Goz

PostSubject: Re: The new Singers thread   The new Singers thread EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 4:27 pm

bassist wrote:

'Cookie Monster' vocals? Is this an American ad of some sort?
How does it go?

StephBev .....really I'm not surprised, like I said, lots of people can sing, they just don't go any further than singing thier favorite songs or just parts of them.

I'll give you a 'self test' OK? (no cheating.)
Put on your favorite song, start to sing, after the first couple of lines, turn the sound down to ZERO, (remember, no cheating.) whilst continuing to sing the song, (so that you can't hear the song you put on,) then after at least 60 seconds, turn the volume up again.
Now, if you turned the sound right down and could not hear it during the 60 seconds and when you turn it up again, you are right on the right note and the right beat, you CAN sing.

This isn't as easy as it sounds.
Back to top Go down
bassist

bassist

PostSubject: Re: The new Singers thread   The new Singers thread EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 4:27 pm

No not really the bass player keeps it all together and I think guitarists are the attention whores depends on the band really.

And cookie monster vocals are like nu-metal, metal and things in that sort I can sing a lot of Korn songs....
Back to top Go down
Goz

Goz

PostSubject: Re: The new Singers thread   The new Singers thread EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 4:29 pm

Punk13405 wrote:
Singers are attention whores, the guitarists and Drummers are the ones doing all the work.....

This wasn't a flame by the way, just a guitarist FACT

Pardon me, but THIS thread is for 'Singers', please don't come here to insult anyone or cause trouble.

Stay on 'topic' please.
Back to top Go down
bassist

bassist

PostSubject: Re: The new Singers thread   The new Singers thread EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 4:33 pm

Well he does some singing.
Back to top Go down
Goz

Goz

PostSubject: Re: The new Singers thread   The new Singers thread EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 4:44 pm

bassist wrote:
Well he does some singing.

He has just insulted singers. you should not be speaking for him, I asked you a question, so far, you've ignored it?

How about answering my question and staying on topic?
Back to top Go down
bassist

bassist

PostSubject: Re: The new Singers thread   The new Singers thread EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 4:46 pm

bassist wrote:

And cookie monster vocals are like nu-metal, metal and things in that sort I can sing a lot of Korn songs....

Please refrain from speaking to me in that manner.

Last edited by on Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
viol8r
Admin
viol8r

Female Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2006-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The new Singers thread   The new Singers thread EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 5:37 pm

no one is an attention whore. it's just a different type of musical talent. no one is any better than anyone else.

back on topic...
i've actually tried the volume thing out before...came back right on the money after it was turned back up.
my problem is that i can't sing in front of people. the only people that have heard me sing are ones who i didn't know were there at the time.
Back to top Go down
https://gorillaz-safe-haven.darkbb.com
bassist

bassist

PostSubject: Re: The new Singers thread   The new Singers thread EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 5:40 pm

Sounds like my sister :\
Back to top Go down
Goz

Goz

PostSubject: Re: The new Singers thread   The new Singers thread EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 7:53 pm

viol8r wrote:
no one is an attention whore. it's just a different type of musical talent. no one is any better than anyone else.

back on topic...
i've actually tried the volume thing out before...came back right on the money after it was turned back up.
my problem is that i can't sing in front of people. the only people that have heard me sing are ones who i didn't know were there at the time.

I agree, it's just a different type of musical talent, like playing the spoons, that could be seen as 'attention seeking'. clown
Back to top Go down
StephBev

StephBev

PostSubject: Re: The new Singers thread   The new Singers thread EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 9:22 pm

Goz wrote:
bassist wrote:
StephBev .....really I'm not surprised, like I said, lots of people can sing, they just don't go any further than singing thier favorite songs or just parts of them.

I'll give you a 'self test' OK? (no cheating.)
Put on your favorite song, start to sing, after the first couple of lines, turn the sound down to ZERO, (remember, no cheating.) whilst continuing to sing the song, (so that you can't hear the song you put on,) then after at least 60 seconds, turn the volume up again.
Now, if you turned the sound right down and could not hear it during the 60 seconds and when you turn it up again, you are right on the right note and the right beat, you CAN sing.

This isn't as easy as it sounds.

No, I mean I can sing as in the "I've been offered a couple recording sessions" kind of sing. So rarararararar.
Back to top Go down
StephBev

StephBev

PostSubject: Re: The new Singers thread   The new Singers thread EmptyMon Oct 09, 2006 9:24 pm

viol8r wrote:

back on topic...

I used to be like that. Now i randomly just break out into song. sings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Singers thread   The new Singers thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The new Singers thread
Page 1 of 1